Fantastic datasets and where to find them:
- Kaggle: Community curated datasets from all sorts of disciplines
- Harvard Dataverse: Harvard-managed database containing ~100K datasets from various sources.
- Our World in Data: Numbers of the World
Websites that give you a helping hand when you are stuck:
- R-bloggers: A repository of blogs focusing on R across the globe.
- Gaston Sanchez, UC Berkeley: So many R tutorials and vignettes that will blow your mind.
Statistical tools for high-throughput data analysis (STHDA): Maintained by Alboukadel Kassambara (PhD in Bioinformatics and Cancer Biology) who authored several helpful R packages including
- StatQuest: A great way of learning statistics and machine learning concepts without getting into heavy mathematics.
- useR! Machine Learning Tutorial: Tutorial from the R user conference 2016 focusing on using machine learning algorithms in R.